Week 2

(Just a note at the beginning, I haven't quite figured out how to make the final post maintain its photo/text alignment, if you're wondering why the pictures on each post seem randomly placed or sized!)

I guess technically the visits mentioned at the end of the last post were really in week 2. Oh, well.



On Sunday, Annie made her first trip to Mass. Naturally, she was a little angel and slept all the way through. She did dress up for the occasion, though, wearing an outfit with all pieces from her Great Grandma Barbara, from hat to onesie to sweater, and even the blanket over her carseat!  She didn't quite fit into the matching footed pants.


On that note, we have had some trouble with clothes fitting appropriately. Apparently the "newborn" and 0-3 month sizes are designed to start fitting at 7 lbs. We've been rolling up the sleeves and just dealing with the roominess. Luckily, John's mom came up for a couple of days during this second week and got Annie some preemie clothes that fit her perfectly!




  

You can see the wide range of facial expression that Annie has been working on. She likes to move her hands into various fancy positions and will sleep resting on her hands or fold them under her chin, or even suck on her thumb--pretty much from day 1, within about 5 minutes of being born. You could definitely tell that she was having some longer periods of alertness during this week. She enjoyed tummy time a little more and continued to have a lot of head movement. She got another couple sponge baths (still very hard to deal with!)



Annie enjoyed hanging out with Grandma Jenny/Gigi (I don't know if I'm spelling that correctly!) and seeing a lot more of Aunt Lisa too. 

John and I managed to survive the first couple nights on our own with Annie. The first one was actually pretty rough--she was up eating every hour to hour and a half on that Saturday, but they got better. We also enjoyed some yummy meals this week courtesy of Melissa and Andrew, Binh, Vishal and Lakshmi, and
Grandma Gigi. We even managed to leave the house for dinner one night at the Patels.

Toward the end of the week, the Creviers came to visit!  Will talk more about our visit with Karen, Jeff, and Xavier in week 3.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

This is an experiment in journaling. I'm guessing it will be much more successful now that there's a baby involved, who I like to take pictures of! :)

current groupon deal

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP