random thoughts from a new mom
1. catch-22: Annie really likes being held. The issue is that if I hold her all day (and night!) she sleeps quite soundly, but I can't get anything done that requires 2 hands. Or sleep very well myself. BUT, if I put her down once she's asleep, she typically wakes back up within about 20 minutes and has to be held again to calm down. What to do??
2. I'm pretty sure she's narcoleptic. She seems to have sleep attacks where she'll be in the middle of doing something (usually eating, she doesn't actually DO much else) and then suddenly she's in REM sleep with her limbs sort of paralyzed and her eyes moving all around. Except her eyes are still open and it's a little creepy. One of our books says that newborns only have REM sleep, no non-REM, so I guess it's ok.
3. The idea of nap attacks reminds me of a Garfield card game that we used to have. There was something about lasagna? Wonder what happened to that...
4. Annie enjoys being snug--swaddled, or being swung in her carseat, or held (see item #1), but greatly dislikes feeling confined. The distinction seems to be whether you're actively holding her arms in one place, like to get her harness on for the carseat, or to put on a new onesie.
5. Despite the screaming that comes with a wardrobe change because of the whole arm confinement thing, I have been trying to change her outfit about once a day, for a couple reasons. One being obvious--if she has a diaper explosion (this has only happened once to my knowledge) or spits up on it. But also because b) she has so many cute outfits, it seems a shame not to wear them, c) the different clothes help mark the passage of days in the pictures we take, and d) one of us should really be able to wear clean clothes, and apparently that's not going to be me.




I've been reading through an rss reader and haven't been here since you updated the header and stuff. Looks good! Also, #1, Greta was the same way and Eloise is too and well I'm lazy so I just hold and learn to adapt. Also I have a Moby Wrap that I put Eloise in so I can use two hands. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thefrons/4427138678/
Put Annie in the wrap! It will seriously change your life!