15 months plus a little, first plane rides, a wedding, and an important test for mommy

So Annie hit 15 months while I was in the last few days of my study blitz.  Aunt Lisa came up the following day to help me survive the final countdown and help take care of Annie while I was out of town.  Annie had so much fun--and I think Lisa did, too :)



The good news is that I passed my exam and am now a board-certified radiologist.  So whenever I want to actually venture into the real working world, I will be able to do that. One more year of fellowship is still pending at this point.   Congrats to all of my classmates and friends who also passed!


Anyway, back to Annie's current milestones!
She continues to be very verbal, and now says "cheese", "shoes" (which sounds a lot like cheese), "ball", "eye", "cracker" and lots more that I can't think of right now. She loves seeing dogs (da-doh!) of all sizes, and panting at them.  She still also loves to say "uhoh" either before or after dropping something, including if it's something someone else drops. She knows where her nose, ears, hair, eyes, feet, and bellybutton are.  Books are still her favorite thing to play with, and she will happily read each one 5 times in a row, upside down or right way up.  She's gotten really good at lifting the flaps and sliding the sliders, so these interactive books are getting more fun.

She's up to 12 teeth as of yesterday--7 on the top and 5 on the bottom. Her newest ones are a left bottom molar and a left top canine!  She may have only had 10 at her official 15 month mark, but it's hard to keep track anymore.  We'll find out her official length and weight on Friday, unofficially I'm guessing 20.5 lbs and 28 inches.


We had one  strange episode of hives that started on a Friday night and then resolved by Sunday morning. We haven't identified the culprit for certain yet, at least nothing that has happened again.
















She had frozen yogurt for the first time this month when Grandma Gigi and crew were here for Lisa's graduation. She loved it, and it made her so wild!


This weekend, Annie took her first trip on a plane and did very well. She slept through 3 of the 4 landings, so I guess her ears didn't bother her too much.  We were even able to get a separate seat for her on 2 of the flights, which was much nicer for John and me. I'm getting to where my back, hips, and knees ache after getting up from sitting that long--holding a 20 lb. baby doesn't help, as it turns out.

We were able to celebrate the marriage of two friends from college--congrats to Laura and Jason!  We got to see some other friends there as well. All in all it was totally worth the schedule rearranging for John, the 6 a.m. flight, and the rather ridiculous expense (thanks, Delta).   Laura looked gorgeous, and every detail was well thought out!  Sadly, the camera that we brought had just enough battery life to take one picture on the plane and no more, so all I have is this blurry cell phone picture of the walk down the aisle.

Before the ceremony we were sitting outside at the hotel and Annie had to walk around to all the flowers planted in little squares and try to smell them.  Then at the reception later, she LOVED the classical guitar pre-dinner music and couldn't resist the urge to dance. Annie even enjoyed her first meal off of fine china, from her own place setting in front of the highchair.  She was completely worn out the next day and after sleeping until 9 she fell back asleep for an hour at 10:30 and another hour at 12!  This picture was after I took off the Ergo and set her down on the bed--she didn't even budge.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

This is an experiment in journaling. I'm guessing it will be much more successful now that there's a baby involved, who I like to take pictures of! :)

current groupon deal

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP