Baby Gator
So I will apologize up front for the delay from here on out in posting. Apparently now that I'm back at work full time this will not be happening as frequently as it was when I was home. Go figure.
The last week has been a busy one on our end. John enjoyed a 4-day weekend for Memorial Day at the end of his ER month. We had an orientation to BabyGator on Friday, so that Annie (and Mom and Dad!) could meet her teachers and new little friends. Saturday we went to breakfast/lunch with Aunt Lisa. Then we decided to go to Ginnie Springs for a little bit with the girl, to meet up with some of John's classmates. That was a little silly--we ended up being there for about an hour and a half during which it rained for about an hour, walking back to the car in the mud and grease, and driving home in a torrential downpour. But we did make a quick trip into the water... and Annie got to wear her adorable 0-3 month bathing suit that she will probably outgrow soon.
Saturday night, I had to work for the community group (11-7 shift). It was very nice to have Monday off, too, because we had a lot of labeling to get done before Annie started at daycare!
So Tuesday morning, Annie started at BabyGator. I was so proud, I got out of the house and made it there by about 7:05. With Annie. And all the bags. ...EXCEPT the cooler with her bottles, pre-packed and in the fridge.
Tuesday afternoon, I forgot to bring the empties and uneaten bottles back home.
Wednesday I was a complete wreck. The fire alarm went off as I was walking out the door after dropping her off, already on the verge of tears.
Thursday I forgot my cell phone. But at least I had my pager. And I made it to my morning conference. Big points.
And Friday I was just so glad that the week (albeit a short one) was almost over, that I didn't really care what I was missing. I'm pretty sure the people who work at BG think I'm a total spaz.
The good news is that Annie transitioned incredibly well. She's only a few steps away (ok, maybe a few hundred) if I want to go visit or feed her. And of course, everyone loves her.




