No more basketball stump!

Today is an awesome day, even despite still being on pager call for IR, and being on my current rotation, feeling WAY behind in studying physics, and just having found out that I might have to give a conference next week.

Jacques came today and (finally) took care of our basketball pole. Really, it was just the bottom 1/3 or so of a rusty metal pole, filled all but 6" with concrete, and surrounded with more concrete in the ground.

But John and I were very pleasantly surprised to find the ugly part gone, and a subtle, easily hidden cap over the cut piece left in at ground level, which will keep us from stubbing our toes and getting tetanus. Now all we have to do is find something that we can plant nearby that has short roots :) See the webpage for a couple pics of the other things we've planted already.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

This is an experiment in journaling. I'm guessing it will be much more successful now that there's a baby involved, who I like to take pictures of! :)

current groupon deal

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP